This Father's Day, we have put together a series of gift guides inspired by different dads in our community. To shop all of the gift guides, click here.
David Mendez is father to Joey - a co-owner of ULAH - as well as Joey's two siblings. He recently retired and is enjoying his abundance of free time. This new. relaxed lifestyle has given him more time to spend with family and pick up new hobbies. He's a huge Chiefs fan, and being more invested this past season paid off! He also loves traveling, especially to visit his grandchildren in San Diego.
Inspired by David, this gift guide is full of items the retired grandfather or father in your life will love.
1. Nida Lu Handmade Shoes - These slip on shoes are perfect for a relaxed, retired lifestyle. They're comfortable and versatile, taking your dad from an early coffee date to gardening with ease.
2. YETI 14oz Mug - This mug will keep dad's coffee hot for hours, letting him enjoy it on his time.
3. KC World Champs Tee - Help dad show off his hometown pride with this Chief's t-shirt!
4. J. Andrew Oaxaca Bracelet - This easy-to-wear bracelet has a band that stretches – easy, comfortable and stylish for any activity.
5. The Normal Brand Swim Trunks - If your dad suddenly finds himself with all the time in the world to spend at the pool or lake, these classic swim trunks are a great gift.
6. National Park Series Field Notes - For the retiree that loves to travel - field notes came out with this national park line of notebooks. Dad can jot down travel itinerary and notes all in one place.
7. Neuw Lou Slim Jeans - The relaxed fit of this jean matches dad's relaxed lifestyle. The modern slim jean will keep him looking young into retirement.
8. Boozy Botanicals Gift Box - Whether dad's mixing up cocktails at a family get together, or adding a special touch to his afternoon tea, he's sure to love these locally made syrups.
9. YETI Camino Carryall - This tote is awesome for a trip to the park or pool. It'll keep a picnic cold for hours!