ULAH Reflects on 4 Year Anniversary
Can you believe we're celebrating ULAH's 4th Anniversary? On one hand, we can't believe it's already been four years since we've opened our doors. On the other, it feels impossible to have experienced everything that's happened in such a short amount of time!
Let's take a quick look in the rearview mirror to remember some milestones and highlights:
- October 2016: ULAH opened it's doors as a men's apparel & lifestyle store
- 2016 - 2018: ULAH survives a 2 year span of building re-construction
- June 2017: ULAH launches Prairie Fragrance product line
- July 2018: ULAH accepts national "Rising Retailer" award from MR Magazine in New York
- January 2019: ULAH expands interior design capabilities, becoming a full service interior design firm
- February 2019: ULAH launches Desert Fragrance product line
- March 2019: ULAH featured on Netflix's Queer Eye, Season 3
- July 2019: ULAH and ULAH Interiors + Design featured on Netflix's Queer Eye, Season 4
- July 2019: ULAH introduces ULAH Live Sessions featuring and supporting local and independent musicians
- 2018, 2019, 2020: Voted Kansas City's "Best Men's Clothing Store" in the Pitch Weekly (Thank you, KC!)
- 2018, 2019, 2020 Voted Kansas City's "Best Men's Clothing Boutique in 435 Magazine / Kansas City Magazine
- March - May, 2020: COVID19 forces ULAH to operate via e-commerce orders only
- April, 2020: ULAH Interiors + Design launches new e-commerce site www.DressYourHabitat.com
From the start, we've tried to just be authentically who we are as business owners and as a brand — in fact, just about everything we've done with ULAH was born out of our joint passions and experiences. As life and business partners, our personal and business lives blend together — so it's important to us to really love what we do and that we leave a positive impact on the community and the world around us. We've been engaged to each other for almost 4 years now and as part of the LGBT community, we work hard to be inclusive in the experiences we provide and aim to represent ALL of the diversity within our Kansas City community. While our openness and honesty about who we are and what we stand for (and don't stand for) has turned a few people away, we pride ourselves on growing a loyal and authentic following from sticking to our values and principles:
We value empathy, compassion, diversity, inclusion, giving back to our community, and becoming genuinely connected to the world around us. ULAH, ULAH Interiors + Design, and any future associated businesses will continue to stand for equality and stand against racism and prejudice.
As we look ahead and march into the unknown, we plan to continue bringing new things to our community. In fact, we have some really exciting things planned for 2021 to expand what our brand offers and who we can serve. Thank you all for your continued love and support. We wouldn't be here without you, and are humbled by your ongoing patronage to what we've built through our passions and dreams!
Buck & Joey
Leave a comment